Monday, October 24, 2011

Orange, Tombstone and Vodka- Who are You?

As expected, I survived the Gala. And made some great new friends in the process, and became closer with a few more. That, is what got me through it all, I do believe.

I had a reality check today when someone said to me, "So, what do you like? Tell me about yourself." I was stumped. Of course, things came to my mind, but not without prodding by the one asking. I walked away from that situation, thinking to myself- "Shit, what do I like? Who am I? What is there to tell outside of "working mother of two, from Maine, enjoy fundraising, ... blah-blah - blah- bleck!!!"

Of course, this caused pause for me all afternoon with great jolts of "who I am" coming to me long after that conversation- on top of feeling like a complete idiot for not being able to articulate like an adult at the appropriate time. For that, I owe a few people this monologue:

I love musicals- Evita is my favorite. I have only seen it once, but it makes me cry and I sound damn good as Eva Peron. One day I will play her on stage- even if it's a puppet stage.

My eyes and that smile of mine are my best features.

I love laughing until I cry and then giggling about what made me laugh until I cried for a few days after that.

I like walking in the woods and taking photos. I used to have my own dark room and a camera that never left my side.

Tombstone is one of my favorite movies of all time- next to Ya Ya Sisterhood, and Fletch. Val when he looked good, Sandra as the defiant daughter and Chevy because he reminds me of my Dad because he introduced me to that movie over and over and over again.

I could go on any floating vessel and be content- all day long.

I am addicted to bagels and cream cheese. I don't care if the doc says I can't have gluten, I will suffer the consequences for that round piece of toasted heaven.

My favorite place on Earth is Sagadahoc Bay, in Georgetown, Maine. Not because it's home, but it's my place of sanctity, sanity, and peace.

My favorite color is orange. It reminds me of a sunset, or a...
sunflower which is my favorite flower- paired with any flower that has hues of red, orange and yellow.

To me, sea shanty/folk music ranks nearly as high as Alternative when alternative was cool.

My favorite holiday is Halloween. I don't have to wrap presents, barbecue or bake and I can be someone not myself for an entire day.

I have a girl crush on Adele and Alanis Morrisette.

I'm not big into shopping- unless it's for shoes.

I'm not a girly-girl, unless you make me be. Much preferred to be in flip-flops, t shirt and jeans.

I firmly believe that everyone should be entitled to have a drink and a smoke whenever they feel like it without criticism.

I also believe that everyone should freely be able to have a child of their own and everyone should be able to choose whether to have a child or not, freely.

Coffee, wine and vodka are my beverages of choice.

I despise water but I still drink it.

I could eat Mexican three to six meals per day uninterrupted for an indefinite amount of time.

I believe that children should tune to your schedule and go to bed early. Everyone needs their rest.

I would rather give away everything I have if it makes me, and someone else, a happier people on the planet.

More to come...


No comments:

Post a Comment