Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Blog Confessional

It has been five months since I've last blogged.-please forgive me. I am vowing to spend a bit more time here, especially since life is in a better place.

The day after I posted last, I found the perfect job at the perfect location, posted online. By the end of that weekend, they had my application. I made it a point to be in front of the decision makers three times before I even interviewed and rose to the top of 6 finalists, making it official on December 18th:

"Lisa, we're delighted to offer you the position at the Foundation. You are welcome to start on January 1st, but I'm sure that'll be too-"I cut her off, "I'll start on the first. I'll finish up things there easily by the end of the month. Thank you. I am so happy to be a part of your organization."

I hung up the call and burst into tears. It had happened. I was leaving the misery on my terms, not theirs. Within an hour of that phonecall, I had proudly delivered my pre-printed resignation letter in the hands of my boss. He was just as happy as I. We were finally free of one another.

It's now been three full months since I started my new gig and I couldn't be happier. I have my own tasks to accomplish, my own activities I organize and run and I've even raised a few bucks for them, too. All of the women I work with are fantastic- and for the most part, are all packing a full workload, a couple of kids, sport schedules and husbands to some degree. So, when the school rings your cell phone at the wrong time during that meeting, we just utter the name of our child, grab our keys and go- we all understand and appreciate that we understand what we all are up against every day. I have found you- you women life jugglers- I knew there were more than just two of us.

And we've added soccer to our lives. But that's for another blog.

1 comment: